Books Produced (Author/Photographer)
North Carolina Waterfalls (Blair Publishing), Wildflowers of the Southern Appalachians (Blair Publishing), Waterfalls of Virginia and West Virginia (Menasha Ridge Press), Hiking Great Smoky Mountains National Park (Globe Pequot Press), North Carolina's Best Wildflower Hikes (Westcliffe Publishers), Our North Carolina (Voyageur Press), North Carolina Then & Now (Westcliffe Publishers), Backroads of North Carolina (Voyageur Press).
Miscellaneous Photo Credits
Appalachian Mountain Club Books, Backpacker, Birder's World, Blair Publishing, Blue Ridge Country, Chanticleer Press, Country, Donihe Graphics, Falcon Press, Family Fun, Globe Pequot, Great Smoky Mountains Association, Menasha Ridge Press, National Geographic Adventure, Natural History, Nature Photographer, Nature's Best, Northword Press, Our State, Outdoor & Nature Photography, Outdoor Photographer, Outdoor Traveler, Scholastic, Silver Burdett Ginn, Simon & Schuster, SINRA, Tarheel Banker, The Living Bird Quarterly, The Nature Conservancy, The Tennessee Conservationist, University of California Press, University of North Carolina Press, West Virginia Highlands Conservancy, Western North Carolina Travel Guide, Wildlife In North Carolina, Wonderful West Virginia.
Commercial & Advertising Clients
Clients range from regional editorial magazines to international publishers, from tiny mom & pop businesses to large national corporations. I do not publicly display the client list, but I am happy to respond to individual requests.
In addition to authoring nine books, I have written articles for such magazines as Blue Ridge Country, Carolina Style, Country, Nature Photographer, Nature's Best, Our State, Outdoor & Nature Photography, Outdoor Photographer, SINRA, Waterfront Lifestyles, and
Wildlife In North Carolina.
- American Society of Media Photographers
- Carolinas Nature Photographers Association
- North American Nature Photography Association
- Grand prize winner of the 1994 North Carolina "Year of the Coast" Award, accepting the award personally from Governor Jim Hunt.
- Grand prize winner of the 1995 North Carolina "Year of the Mountains" Award.
- Chosen as photographer of the year (1998) for the North Carolina Zoological Park.
- Featured photographer in Daybreak 2000.
- One of two photographers for the book Carolina Prayer, presented to Governor Mike Easley in 2003.
- Keynote speaker for the 2005 North American Nature Photography Association's annual summit in Charlotte, NC.