PHOTOSHOP LAYERS–THE BASICS
ONLINE PHOTO CLASS
INSTRUCTOR: Kevin Adams
MODERATOR: Kevin Adams
CLASS TYPE: Live & Interactive
CLASS RECORDED FOR PARTICIPANTS
No classes scheduled at this time.
If you’re like a lot of people, when you hear someone talking about layers in Photoshop, you instantly run away to the “safety” of Lightroom. Working with layers is incredibly difficult. You might as well take up Greek rocket science, right?
Wrong, wrong, wrong!!!
Working with layers in Photoshop is actually very easy, just as much as most anything you do in Lightroom. The reason people think it is hard is simply because no one has ever shown them how simple it is. That’s what I do in this class. I’ll show you step-by-step everything you need to know to take advantage of the remarkable things that layers can do for you.
This class demonstrates the following techniques and more:
- Layers for day and night images
- How to show the maximum tonal range in a contrasty image by using layers and masks
- Stacking star trails
- Using layers for simple and complex light-painted scenes
- Using layers to reduce noise
- Using layers to add text
- The advantage of using adjustment layers
Classes are recorded and video will be available to all participants.
HIGHLIGHTS OF ONLINE CLASSES
- You can attend class wearing pajamas.
- You can drink adult beverages in class.
- You can use your computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- You can interact with the instructor just as you would in a traditional classroom.
- Classes are recorded so you don’t have to take notes.
- The classroom can be your home, car, gondola, or coffee shop.
- You don’t have to get the teacher’s permission to excuse yourself.
This class is an introduction to using layers. You do not need any prior knowledge of layers, but you should have at least a beginner’s understanding of using Photoshop.
NOTES FOR ALL ONLINE CLASSES
You will receive an email with a link and details about joining the class. You will see my computer screen and will see me and hear me speak. You can choose to have your microphone and camera enabled so other attendees can see and hear you. You can ask questions at any time. If you do not have audio you can ask questions or make comments using the chat feature.
Online classes are non-refundable. However, if you are unable to attend, you will still receive the class recording so you can watch it at your convenience.
Online classes have a different checkout system from other items on this site. If you want to register for a class and also add either a product, photo tour, or Private Online Workshop, you will need to checkout for the online class separately. Also, if you wish to register for more than one class, you will need to register for them separately.